Friday, November 15, 2013

Stars So Bright

 After I made the first star, I knew who this quilt would be for.  It is still a little surprise, but she LOVES Mardi Gras.  The quilt started with the October challenge by Angela at So Scrappy. The white background with droplets of black shows off the bright colors against black.


A close-up of the quilting -- I had to do feathers to match the feathers used for Mardi Gras costumes, masks and head pieces. 


And another just because!  Now to join others with my Friday Finish at Sarah's Confessions of a Fabric Addict.


8 comments:

Jane said...

So glad I clicked on your thumbnail. I just love this quilt. It's great!

Lori said...

Wow, that's a great quilt. The spatter background was perfect choice for the other fabrics. Yahoo Rainbow Scrap Challenge!

Quiltjane said...

So bright and gorgeous.

connie in louisiana said...

Love all of your quilts!! Just beautiful.

Connie in Louisiana

Jean Belle said...

Your quilt turned out just beautifully, and it's so festive! Congratulations on a great finish.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

This is such an eye catching quilt! Wonderful and I just love that spattered background fabric.

Anonymous said...

Love that quilt! The background fabric is something I would never had chosen but the effect is so awesome. The feathers are perfect!! Hugs......

Michele said...

The fabrics you used are so fun! What a great quilt!