Friday, May 31, 2013

"Modern View" Quilt Progress


Another peek at the Special Graduation Quilt blocks.  This picture does not have the sashing yet, but I forgot to take a picture of it when I had a chance.  The top is done but I am saving it for the big reveal after it is quilted and bound.  As I mentioned in a previous post, I had to modify John's design a little to be able to use the Layer Cake fabric, but it will basically look like his when done.


Designed by:  John Kubiniec
Name:  Modern View, Published in Jan/Feb 2013 McCall's Quilting
Layer Cake:  Fandango, by Kate Spain for Moda

Thanks for stopping by .... please visit Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict, as I am sure she has a parade of beautiful quilts and projects she is working on AND several linking up for her Whoop Whoop Party.  

5 comments:

Teri said...

I love this quilt! I keep looking at it trying to decide if it is the pattern or the fabric. I have made 2 quilts with that line and I just love those fabrics.

Sara said...

Pretty fabric and you did a beautiful job with it!

Karen said...

Very pretty pastel blocks. I look forward to seeing the completed quilt.

Sarah Craig said...

Oh, that is so pretty, Jamie!!! Love the colors (of course, it's Kate!) and the design!! Whoop whoop!!

Deborah Oscar said...

Love this quilt, what are the size of the blocks, and sashing used. Thank you.