Monday, May 20, 2013

Graduation Quilt and Acappella

Finally, I am able to start sharing one of the graduation quilts.  The pattern used was modified slightly to use a layer cake.  The graduate is away on her Senior Trip, so I only want to post the piecing -- just in case she is watching.


Designed by:  John Kubiniec
Name:  Modern View, Published in Jan/Feb 2013 McCall's Quilting
Layer Cake:  Fandango, by Kate Spain for Moda



My brightly colored Acappella is all quilted....WHEW!  This one took over a week.  I only have a little time in the morning before work and at night.  I also had to include a little "thinking" time as to how I wanted to quilt it. Once the binding is done, I will formally display.

Designed by:  Jamie Janow Elfert
Pattern:  Acappella for Black Cat Creations
Fabrics -- All Batiks

For more Monday Design Wall inspirations, visit Judy at Patchwork Times!

7 comments:

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

from one Louisiana girl to another- what a beautiful quilt! I'm sure the graduate will love it! Can't wait to see it finished!

-Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

pcflamingo said...

LOVE Kate Spain's Fandango line! That is going to be a beauty! Your completed quilt above is just stunning!

Michele said...

Oh, Fandango is one of my favorite lines ever! I'm sure she will love this quilt :-)

Dar said...

What I can see of your finished quilt is spectacular, and will be looking forward to seeing the whole view.

Chris said...

WOW! Your quilt is just gorgeous.

fancystitching said...

Acappella is stunning! Can't wait to see the full view. Looks like you and your Gammill are best of friends. Great feather quilting! I'm like you... sometimes it takes me longer to figure out WHAT I want to quilt than it actually takes to DO the quilting.

Karen said...

The graduation quilt is coming along nicely, I like the design. I'm sure she'll love it :-)