Thursday, February 21, 2013

McCalls Modern Quilt Pattern

As a quilting magazine hoarder  I am delighted with the infusion of ebooks in our quilting world.  These books are delivered right to our inbox, with the ability to read at our leisure.

The McCall's Quilting Family has just published a new FREE ebook, called "Modern Quilt Patterns" with three beautiful patterns.



 These  free modern quilt patterns come to you thanks to McCall's Quilting magazine and McCall's Quick Quilts magazine and are free for personal use. As a quilter, I am delighted with both traditional and modern quilt forms and always looking for patterns that work with my limited time and satisfy my creative side.   

Included in this free eBook are:

⁃    The "Baubles and Beads" modern quilt pattern, designed by Susan Guzman is filled with bright colors and easy quilt blocks complete with lots of white space.   As you can see below, I have already pulled fabric and started this one right away.  Love this pattern and the ease the blocks came together from the instructions provided.


⁃    Tricia Camp's "Rainbow Rhythm" modern quilt takes advantage of half-square triangle quilt units and gives them an asymmetrical setting. 

⁃   "Lemon Squeezy" , by Sherri Driver is a beginner quilt that features a free-form quilt piecing as part of a quilt-as-you-go modern design. 

Be sure to visit the McCalls Modern Quilt Page and download your free book today and come back to let me know how you like it.  On Saturday, I have a feeling you will see several more purple blocks on my design wall.

Have a Great Day!




1 comment:

Linda said...

Jamie, thanks for the info about the free E-book. I downloaded it. Love seeing your Granny's quilts. You sure are a busy lady.
Cookie in Mandeville