Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Day of Pink


The Rainbow Scrap Challenge hosted by Angela at SoScrappy continues.  It seems the more I pulled from the scrap box, the bigger the pile grew.  I have been sewing on pink all day, so I am late posting.  I made several strings, as "leaders and enders" (a.k.a. Bonnie Hunter),  as I sewed the rows together for the Pink Stars.   Above is the start for the hourglass unit.  To make the block below, I used strings for the HSTs, the rail fences and the hourglass centers.  The white Kona background calms down all the pink.

Turning to form the hourglass
.

Horizontal Setting.

  
 Set on point.


I have most of the rows for the Pink "Stars Over Scott" sewn together in 3 sets -- above is the right side -- tomorrow I will finish the inside top and then add the borders.  BUT, I need to work on something else in between, all of the pink today had me thinking of Pepto!







11 comments:

Cathy Tomm said...

I did a bit of sewing late too. so you are not last. Love the Bonnie blocks you have done. Strings make it all look so much more interesting. Great pink quilt on the go.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

All your link is looking fantastic!

Edith said...

I really like how the top pink blocks go together, everything pink here is very nice looking.

scraphappy said...

Your pinks are all in the pepto range, but they will be just right in the finished quilts. Hope you start running low on scraps soon. They do seem to breed in the dark of night.

Deb A said...

Love your strings and how they make the blocks move. Are you planning to make some of every color and put them all together?

Angie said...

Love your string hourglass blocks - clever idea! You're not alone in thinking of Pepto with all this pink!

Quilter Kathy said...

So much pinkness in your quilting room today...love it!
Great Pepto blocks!

Sheila said...

Love your pink fabrics and blocks!

Anonymous said...

Love those string blocks!! And, yes, Pepto for sure but in such a nice way!! The finish is going to be terrific!! And fun FMQ!!! Hugs......

Sarah Craig said...

Very pretty! Try thinking of strawberry cake instead of Pepto - maybe that will make it more palatable!!

Elly D said...

These look too delicious to be Pepto... that's the stuff for indigestion right?
Your pink quilt is going to be wonderful.