Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Blue Snow - Ready for Binding

Down here in South Louisiana, we don't see much snow.  We had a heavy snow back in 1989 and a few times since then flakes that melted as soon as they hit the ground.  I used Kona Snow as background and the back, so I felt it appropriate to call this one "Blue Snow".
I covered "Blue Snow" with free form feathers all over.  This adds to the growing stack of quilts needing binding.  Before leaving for work, I need to cut my 3 1/2" green squares for Bonnie Hunter's Mystery and load another quilt on the long-arm frame.  I LOVE my Red Snappers, which saves me so much time loading the quilts -- and I find the tops stay straighter as I roll them.

Two more days -- then I am off until the new year!  Lots of quilting during my time off!

8 comments:

And this would be . . . . said...

Beautiful!

Megan said...

Love those feathers! Binding a stack of quilts sounds like a great holiday activity.

Kim West said...

Gorgeous!!

Mary said...

Beautiful feathering. If I lived close I'd do you binding for you! I love that part the most (except for piecing and designing).

Anonymous said...

Your quilting is beautiful, as are your quilts. The Mystery is exciting isn't it.

Sarah Craig said...

Oh, that's just beautiful, Jamie! Love your quilting, too!!

fancystitching said...

LOVE-LOVE-LOVE the over-all feather quilting! It is just exactly what this quilt top calls for. We had a good visit with our relatives from your neck of the woods last weekend. Ken, Mary, Bill, and Lynn met us in Hammond to celebrate Christmas.

Happy New Year to you, Jamie. I wish you LOTS of great quilting between now and your return to work!

Quiltsmiles said...

Beautiful quilting on the Blue Snow! I hope your Holidays were blessed and that you enjoy your vacation. Hopefully you'll get a lot of your bindings on and ready to go while you're off.
If you only lived closer, we could trade off. You could quilt mine and I would bind yours gladly. But alas, the days to travel between are a bit much. ANyway,
Happy New Year!
Jane