Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Get your sunglasses!


I am off to the Quilt Shop to look for the perfect border.  You would think that any color would do, but NOTHING in my stash seems to "hit the spot".  The down side to buying more fabric for the border, I will have more batik scraps -- or is this an "up-side"!

This bright batik version of Acappella (Black Cat Creations) will be my next long-arm project.  I can't wait!

Speaking of Black Cat Creations -- Coming Soon -- A Gallery to display customer quilts made from their patterns!  More details to come in a few weeks.





 


6 comments:

pcflamingo said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! But not too bright :D. I did a quilt where my challenge fabric was a large floral print with a blue background by Philip Jacobs. I loved the fabric so much I bought the same colorway in red, yellow and green. Then I bought some Kaffe Fassett fabrics to "go with it". I did a big block pattern and called it "Holy Cr*p That's Bright!" and it is my retreat quilt for on my bed at sewing camp.

Sarah Craig said...

Oh, that's just gorgeous, Jamie!!!! Love the batiks agains the black....

Anonymous said...

That use of black is so stunning! Brings me back to the Amish quilt days years ago when I was in my early stages of exploring the art. That next one is so nice, also!!! Can't wait to see others' renditions! Thank you for sharing!!! Hugs, Doreen

Lynette said...

Wow - that's gorgeous! Did you find a border fabric that you liked?

fancystitching said...

Wonderful, wonderful quilt! I can't wait to see how you border this treasure.

Quiltsmiles said...

I hope you had success finding your PB (aka: perfect Border). It looks stunning so far and it's nice and colorful.