Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Design Wall -- New Project

A quickie little project called the "Checkerboard Twist", this pattern was published in the 2008 Winter Fons and Porter's Easy Quilts and designed by Mimi Wellington.  I started and finished the blocks in one afternoon -- VERY EASY!

All of the other projects I am working on are in line for quilting.  They will need to be sorted by deadlines and be ready for a quilting marathon.  Since the long-arm arrived, you would have thought I could keep up -- but she has only given me more reasons to start new projects.  So much fun.

Monday Design Wall links up are happening at Judy's Patchwork Times.  See ya there.

11 comments:

Gari in AL said...

Such a pretty quilt and I can see it in so many colorways. And easy is good, too.

Becky said...

What a fun little quilt. I always love the use of black and white with bright colors.

Teresa said...

sometimes quilt and easy are just what you need to have a finished boost before going back to more complicated or time consuming projects. I really like this one will have to see if I still have that issue.

fancystitching said...

SOOOO cute and colorful.... LOVE IT!

marcella said...

What a fun quilt top! I can never get those fast and easy things done as quickly as they say :-) Enjoy the quilting on your long arm.

swooze said...

what size space does Grunt take up? I am curious. Still dreaming...

Sarah Craig said...

What a great take on a simple pattern, Jamie! I love it!!

Amanda said...

I really like how this turned out! I've been watching your progress and trying to decide how much I liked it, but now that I see it all together I really like it!

Quilter Kathy said...

Very striking design. So funny that the long arm has not helped you catch up with the run away UFO's!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

LOVe it!! That black and white makes it so cheery!!

Mary said...

Cute and fast is a good thing! I find it hard to decide whether to Quilt or Piece now that I have my Mega Quilter on my Bernina Table. Wish I had a Computerized machine, but am playing with what I've got and trying to be happy about it.