Sunday, July 10, 2011

Stash Enhancement

My very good friend Mary came down from New York with her hubby Howard. Of course, that meant visiting with quilting friends, shopping and eating out. Howard bought Mary an Accu Cut Go (how sweet was that) at the Quilting Niche'.

Then on Saturday, we went "down the bayou" to a cute little shop in Cut Off, La. called MeMaw's Sewing Room, to visit our quilting friend Leslie. As you can see above, there was lots of stash enhancement. Leslie had a big sale, so 56 yards of backings later, and only $146 spent, I was a happy camper. I picked up several pieces (and bolts) of Westminster and Windham fabrics, for an average of $2.60 per yard.



I am so close to finishing the Orange Quilt (if I would just stay home). It will take me a while to hand sew the binding, however I hope to have it finished by the end of the week for my Friday Finishes.

Stash Report:
Purchased, 56.25 yards
Purchased year to date, 126.50
Used (finished) year to date, (96.40)
Net, 30.10 --- Since my goal is to bust at least 150 yards, I am now 180 yards away.

For more stash reports, I am linking up with Judy over at her Patchwork Times. I hope others have done better than me -- although I don't have an ounce of guilt.

3 comments:

Donna said...

Can't blame you for picking up fabric at such a good price. I mostly buy at sales since the price went up.

krisgray said...

What an awesome average! Sounds like a great weekend.

Sarah Craig said...

It's so hard not to buy fabric when it's a great price! I did the same thing when ConnectingThreads had such a great sale going on!

I love your orange quilt - Such glorious colors and your quilting is spectacular!