Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday Finish - Red/Gold Version

Sarah, at Confessions of a Fabric Addict is hosting her new linky "Whoop Whoop Friday". A party where we can gather to share our progress.


Here is mine -- all finished! A Red/Gold version of "Nicole's Journey". The pattern / tutorial is available, however there is a little difference. I added a 2" inner border and 6" outside border for fun. I have a HUGE collection of gold metallic fat quarters. Most of them came from our LQS, The Quilting Niche' when they have $1.50 fat quarter Saturdays.

Up close quilting -- wish I would have changed to red thread on the red fabric, but I will live with it.



And -- a closeup of the border. Finished size: 63 x 88.

15 comments:

Tamera said...

Very nice!

Unknown said...

A beautiful finish!! This would make a wonderful Holiday quilt too. Although it is definitely good for year round!

Sarah Craig said...

It's gorgeous, Jamie!! And I love your quilting - I need to try that design!! Thanks for the shout out!! Whoop whoop!!!!!

gailss said...

I always look forward to your quilt pics......very nice and love the colors.
Gail

Diane E W said...

Love your quilt. Nice quilting. Have to check out the tutorial.

greelyrita said...

Very nice colours, very nice piecing and very nice quilting. Big Whoop!Whoop! How do you do your quilting? This isn't DSM work, right?

Paulette said...

Wow, that is gorgeous! The quilting on it just makes it sing. Very, very well done!

Linda said...

I love it. Great finish. Your colors are wonderful and the quilting isn't too shabby either! Whoop, Whoop to you!!!I love the Friday shout outs! I just found them and this is my first but won't be my last. I'll be back to catch up on your blog too. Your tutorils are good and you are so generous to share your patterns. I'll be back to visit! Have a great Friday!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Very pretty! The colors are so wonderful and I love your quilting!

Amy said...

The quilting on this is exquisite. Thank you for sharing! va

QuiltSue said...

It's beautiful. I love it.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Beautiful quilt. I'll have to check out the tutorial. Love the way you have quilted it. Great job!

Karen L. said...

Wow, this is a gorgeous quilt and very elegant looking! I like the first version but this one really stands out. This goes on my list. Thanks for the free tutorial. You are very generous.

Linda said...

Oh my, I just love it!! Your quilting is just stunning! Gorgeous!! I really like the light thread. Good choice to me!!