Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday Design Wall - Dec 6th

Several blocks are finished below from the Kona Roll -- finally deciding on the centers -- more from the Mark Lapinski Califon Collection. Earlier this year, I bought several pieces from this collection, including enough for a backing in bright blue! I will eventually post a pattern after the holidays and after it is quilted.

And....here are the string blocks I have been making using the tutorial I posted here Sunday. I make these as "leaders and enders" (Bonnie Hunter's method) while working on the blocks above. I will continue to work on them until the "Card Trick" evolves. I have also noticed that Bonnie has posted the 3rd clue in her Roll Roll Cotton Ball Mystery quilt that uses strings blocks. I just might throw in a few 8 1/2" paper foundations and save them for later. I have been pulling fabric as the clues are posted, but won't be able to really start anything until after the first of the year.

I am linking up to Judy's Patchwork Times, who has been hosting the Monday Design Walls. We are closing in on the holidays, so I am anxious to see if others have their secret projects posted.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Both projects you are working on are fantastic!! Isn't it fun to have several going at once?

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

Love the 'califon' quilt...really loved that line. Wish I had bought the blue colorway too, but only got the black and white. Please post the finished quilt whenever you get it done!

Fabric Fanatic said...

Jamie, I don't understand how that block is made...it looks like there are a lot of "set in" seams. How is the block assembled?
I love the look of it.

Charlene S said...

Waiting for that pattern!

Michelle said...

Two gorgeous quilts in the making!

Lori said...

looking forward to seeing that pattern!