Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday Design Wall - September 27th

With 3 1/2" strips left over, I am piecing the border. Almost sad to say -- all four units are done. This block was so much fun, that I hated to stop. Each block ended up at 15" square - so needless to say, it is fast. The pattern will be named for my fourth niece Nicole, with a tutorial and PDF file available later in October.

This will actually be my fourth pattern under the L'Fair line, but only the third I am able to share. It is not fun keeping secrets, but alas, I must. So Samantha -- be patient!

Winding down the month of September, I will have slower week at my "paying" job .... so it will be a busy sewing week at my "playing" job. I am also putting together a shop sample for the LQS, The Quilting Niche' -- I will tease you guys out there in blogland later this week. The owner, Debbie is getting ready for a quilt show next month and wants to have more samples of her "Fancy Girl" pattern designs.

Next goal, is to start quilting tops so I can show a reduction on my next stash report!

Now for other design walls -- I am heading over to Judy's at Patchwork Times.

11 comments:

Jo said...

The colors of your quilt is wonderful. I have a few secret projects too...doesn't it make it hard to blog!

Diane said...

love the blocks/colors of this one.

Linda said...

Love it!!

Judy D in WA said...

Keeping secrets is hard work! I love this quilt!!! Can't wait for this pattern. :)

Quilter Kathy said...

Great quilt design! This looks like it might be a great stashbuster!

Vicki H. said...

Nice pattern, I think I need to use one of my coveted precut sets on that!! Love it. Can't wait to hear of your secrets... and have fun at the playing job.

Teaquilts said...

Jamie I like how your quilt is progressing along and love the border that you have chosen.

Cathy said...

Oh my goodness! That quilt is SO much fun! I'll be watching for the tutorial.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Oh Jamie, this is beautiful. Why don't I think of these things??

glen

Susan said...

What an intriguing pattern. Isn't it nice to make those big blocks that get the quilt top together so fast?

Anonymous said...

Fifteen inch block... looks a bit more complicated!
...Karen