Friday, February 5, 2010

Project for 2 1/2" Strips



The 2 1/2" strips are over flowing. I purchased a bundle of Kaffe Fassett fat quarter a few years ago and had cut them into 2 1/2" strips. This past Christmas, I made a quilt using this pattern for my dear MIL (need to find the picture).







Using my favorite EZ Tri Tool Ruler, line up the 2 1/2" line at the top of a 2 1/2" strip. Cut and flip all the way across -- that's it! Once I fill up the design wall to a desired size, I pin a number label on each row, remove each row in order and store them in a shoe box next to my machine. When I need a break from a current project, I pull out a couple of rows.

Please leave a comment if you decide to try this little project, so we can visit your site and your fabric choices.

This first Mardi Gras Parade rolls in town tonight. As early as they can, the float crews will be driving all around town in open vehicles, flat bed trailers or roofless school buses, dancing to music and tossing beads as a pep rally of sorts to the BIG show tonight. They visit businesses, restaurants, community homes sharing their enthusiasm. I have my camera to capture a few shots for sharing.

2 comments:

What Comes Next? said...

that looks fabulous - I must give it a try - will let you know how I make out :)

retirednana2008 said...

Am I right in assuming that you sew the sides together to make a 'row', then sew rows together to complete the hexagons??? New at this...